First the tickets to the event were available to purchase online since late April. The tickets were priced 50$ each at the pioneer rate , ( that is if you buy your ticket from April to June ) . Then the price will increase to 100$ , the early bird rate in the period between June and September. And the regular ticket price was 150$ from september till october 3rd. This year the tickets were completely sold out in july I believe . How crazy is that ?!
Any ticket of these will be good for both days and any ticket holder will be able to grab an amazing goodie bag on both days !
I recommend you to purchase your tickets as early as possible so you don’t end without a ticket !
So back to us , as soon as the tickets were available online , I purchased two through eventbrite.
In Oct. 3rd in the morning , we took the subway to Manhattan and walked around 12 min. to reach pier 92 , the place of the event ! It was so easy to reach.
Although the weather was crazy on Saturday , and Hurricane Joaquin was supposed to visit NYC ( and it didn’t thankfully ) but I was so excited for Genbeauty .
We arrived at 9:30 , and it was already crowded with thousands of beauty enthusiasts and Ipsy lovers ! It was amazing to be in the same place with all those lovely ladies who share the same interests and passion like you !
The attendants were of different backgrounds , cultures , ages , young , old , teenagers but they all have one thing in common , passion about real beauty !
At the front desk , the registration process went very smooth ! There were like 6 people who were working hard to make the wait minimal for the eager ladies !
The lady took our tickets , scanned them and she handed each one of us , a tag and a permanent small marker to write down our names , and a foldable map for the event !
For the tags , there were different colors : pink for Ipsy subscribers ( the majority of the attendants ) , tan for beauty creators and black for exhibitors ( the brand representative ) . I believe there was another color for the volunteers.
My sister and I got the pink tag 🙂
The map has the booths places on it , so we had plans ahead before we go inside the place. And we fought as usual which place to visit first ! I was excited to visit Makeup Forever and Maro wanted to visit Jouer !
On the sides of the map , there are small squares each with a brand name on it , you have to cut the square and give it to the representative at the booth so you get your freebies !
We waited in the line for 1 hour till it became 11 , when the doors opened .
In the waiting area , there was Ipsy shop where you can purchase Ipsy mugs , tumblers , shirts , phone covers .. All with ipsy logo on them .
Also they were giving us makeup bags ! You choose and customize your bag . There were two designs , one designed by Michelle phan and the other is designed by Chrisspy !
Honestly , the bag designed by Chrisspy was more popular . But my sister and I got both bags anyways.
In the waiting area , there were awesome couches with so cute pillows ! The ladies were taking pictures
There was also graffiti wall and the ladies were expressing themselves !
And there was a huge screen that was synched with the hashtag #genbeauty ! Pictures and happy moments were broadcasted minute by minute
The doors opened at 11 , and we entered the heaven of ipsy !
Helpful Tips for #Genbeauty :
I will give you few tips how to survive genbeauty :
- Purchase your tickets early at low price , so you save money and you guarantee a place before the tickets are sold out !
- Read others experiences and watch videos so you get an idea what is going on.
- Wear comfortable sandals ,or flat , never wear heals ! You ll be standing all day long
- Wear minimal makeup . Everyone in genbeauty will try to demonstrate and try their products on your face , foundation , contouring , manicures , eyes makeup , lips , hair, brows ! I even got a hand massage !
- Wear comfortable clothes but nice chic ones ! Dress to impress
- Have a good breakfast before you come to the event
- Have a small purse ( cross body is even better ) with the necessities only . You ll end up carrying heavy bags of makeup .
- Don’t forget to bring : external phone charger , ear buds , water , some cash , credit card , makeup remover wipes .
- Bring a tote bag as well to carry the stuff .
- Get a trail mix bar and some snacks ! You may even bring sandwiches as well . You will thank me later for this.
There are food trucks outside the venue , and you will be too hungry in the middle of the day , but the wait is crazy , like 1 hour . So save the time , and bring something to eat fast , then you can enjoy your dinner in a decent place as we did !
And thats it for today! In the next post , I ll tell you about my experience at Tarte , Makeup Forever , Jouer booth and more…
Until next time 💕💕