Awesome recipe !
Yields 6 servings Ingredients: For the Filling: 3 strips thick-cut bacon, chopped small 5 jalapeño peppers, roasted or charred 1 full cup Monterey jack cheese, shredded 1-1/2 teaspoons flour, optional 1/3 teaspoon garlic powder 1/3 teaspoon pepper 1/3 teaspoon oregano 2 green onions, sliced small For the Masa: 1-1/2 cups masa harina 1-1/2 tablespoons […]
Cranberry-Avocado Salad with Candied Spiced Almonds and Sweet White Balsamic Vinaigrette
I substituted almonds with pines ( because I love it more )
Brown pasta with alfredo sauce ! So yummy
The 10 min. dough recipe is the easiest and fastest recipe. The dough will be ready to be used for any purpose just after you finish mixing the ingredients. This dough can be used for pizzas , pies , ect..
- All purpose flour ( 2 cups )
- water ( a little bit warm _never hot ) 2 cups
- White granulated sugar ( 2 TBSP )
- pinch of salt
- Yeast ( 1 TBSP )
Mix the ingredients all together in a bowl , You will get a spongy sticky watery paste . Cover it with a clean Plastic bag , and Leave for 10 min. After 10 min , you ll notice the mixture has doubled its size .
Add to it :
- All purpose flour ( 3 cups )
- Vegetable oil ( 1/2 cup )
- powdered milk ( 2 TBSP )
- baking powder ( 1 tsp )
In a mixer , put all the above ingredients with the paste we prepared before and beat until we get a smooth soft non-sticky dough.
Now our dough is ready to be used in any pizza , bread loaf , italian breads , calzone , Stromboli and so on !
Bon Appetit !
Knafeh or kinafe or kinafah كنافة
It is a mediterranean delicious sweet . Very popular in Lebanon , Palestine , Jordan and Syria. Can be served as sweets or even for breakfast and dinner !
The recipe is a little bit long as you need a special dough. And since we are in USA , the knafe dough is not available in the matket. We have to make it from the scratch . But it is very easy and it is really worth it !
Recipe of knafe:
A/ For the dough
- Semolina ( 3 cups )
- Butter ( 1/2 cup )
- Granulated sugar ( 1 cup )
- Boiling water ( 1/2 cup )
- Rose water ( 1/4 cup )
- Orange blossom watee ( 1/4 cup )
- Powdered milk ( 2 TBSP )
- In a bowl , mix all the dry components together
- Dissolve the butter in the microwave for 45 sec and mix it with the semolina mixture .
- Add the boiling hot water , rose water and orange blossom water and move them in a sauce pan to the stove .
- Stir with a wooden spoon and wait until they start to boil and they will give a consistency similar to the pudding
- Get a cookie tray covered with parchment paper and put the raw knafa dough on it
- Heat the oven at 450 F and bake them for 10_12 min.
- After you are done , you will notice that that the dough is dry completely but the color is still white. The semolina has absorbed all the water.
- Wait till the dough cools , put them in the food process and grind them so fine to get a powdered dough .
Here we prepared the knefah dough فرك ( ferek ) and we are ready to make our knafeh tray !
B/ For the Kashta ( kashda / pudding ) and cheese filling we will need :
- Whole Milk ( 1 Cup )
- semolina ( 1/2 cup )
- Mozzarella ( 2 cups )
- Add the milk and semolina to a saucepan on stove and stir until they become heavy , ( keep stirring or the milk will burn )
- Add 2 tbsp rose water and 2 tbsp orange blossom water . Then add the cheese and stir till the cheese melts .
Now how to assemble everything:
- Get a T_Fal non sticky ROUND tray , wipe it with butter generously .
- Spread 2/3 of the dough in the pan and press well.
- Spread the cheese mixture over dough evenly. Cover with the rest of the dough and press well.
- Bake at 400 degrees in a preheated oven for 30 minutes. (Place on lower rack).
- Take the pan out the oven and wait like 10 min until it cools down .
- Put 1 cup of sugar syrup
- Wait two min.
- Get a bigger round serving tray and : hold the knefeh pan carefully , make some strokes on the bottom , pass a knife around the edges so any cheese is not sticking , and carefully flip the knefeh over the new tray.
Garnish the pan with chopped pistachios. Serve the knefeh hot with some syrup on top.